Friday, July 3, 2009

Tour of Newport Flower Part 4

The fog has rolled in. The air is heavy with mist from the ocean. The smell of salt comes at me in waves seemingly in concert with the sea slamming against the rocks on the beach below.




I look back at the grand white mansion and can almost hear the sounds of the turn of the century in my head. The fountain spurts water reaching for the sky and I immediately notice the container garden displays encircling it.



Large and small. Intricate and simple. From tender annuals and hardy perennials to succulents that are smooth and spiky. An assortment of styles from which to get inspiration.

Enjoy the tour. (Click on a picture to enlarge it and see the details.)


































Join me for the next post which will take us back to the front of the mansion for a wrap up of the tour.

6 comments:

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Gorgeous!!!
Found your lovely blog while blog surfing so I'm here to stay. :)
♥ Teresa

Cathy S. said...

I don't know which one is my favorite, they are all so pretty especially the succulents. Thanks for sharing the tour. Have a happy 4th!

admin said...

Succulents are so interesting looking, like they belong underwater or on another planet. Thanks for posting these pics.

sweetbay said...

Beautiful containers! This tour has been a lot of fun -- a glimpse into a very different world.

Heather said...

They are all so pretty! I love to see things like this as they always serve to inspire my non-existant creative side! Glad you had a good time:-D

Joanne said...

What a lovely show and so many different styles and ideas.