Cranberry Pumpkin Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin puree
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla, egg and pumpkin.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; stir into mixture until well blended.
- Cut the cranberries in half and stir into mixture along with the orange zest and walnuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Yields 3-4 dozen cookies depending the size.
Note: There was still something about the cranberry bread recipe that didn't sit well with me so I modified it even more. This time I think we've got a really nice recipe and Andy loves it. Please see the previous post for the edited version.